Monday, July 11, 2011

The Hidden Virtues of Unbridled Fury

Without going into the whys and wheretofores, suffice it to say that today I experienced a brief fit of frustration that ended with me throwing my phone against the wall. I say it ended, but really that was only about the halfway point of my frustration, because upon retrieving my phone I found that it had not merely had the battery case pop off, but that the phone was in fact broken at the hinge. It would still come on, but the top half of my flip phone had lost all function, meaning that I couldn't see the screen or hear anything from the speaker. So, after yelling at my phone and myself for a minute, I decided that I should go see about getting a new phone.

I arrived to find the AT&T store very busy, but I was helped by an associate surprisingly quickly, and in far less time than I'd expected I was out the door with my new Samsung Solstice II (the same phone that Benjamin has, except mine is cooler). I hadn't even realized that I was due for an upgrade, but happily I was. In fact, if I had realized it, I would have taken advantage of it already, because it's a well-documented fact that I hate my old phone. Seriously.

So, the moral of this story is, go ahead and throw your phone, because if you do then the fates will arrange for you to be eligible for a new one.

3 comments: