Saturday, July 16, 2011

Not wishing to become the favorite object of disdain at the local hair salon, perhaps I should clarify things by saying that I don't really advise throwing one's phone against the wall, and that it's something I try not to do, myself. Still, I am loving my new phone (in fact, I think it's the first phone that I've ever really loved), so if I need to work on my anger management, at least my timing was perfect.

Today I got a nice envelope from some nice people. Inside was something that I've spent eight years working and two months waiting for: my diploma. The diploma stating...well, let me read it to you:

"The University of Alabama has conferred upon Caleb Daniel Holloway the degree of Master of Arts with all...blah blah blah...May, 2011."

So now I have a master's degree. In math. That sounds so cool to say. "A master's...in math." Well, I'm glad to have it. It took a lot of work, and a lot of time, and now I'm far more marketable than I was a few weeks ago.

I also recently accomplished another goal that not many people have achieved. Yesterday morning I finally beat Final Fantasy XII. And let me say, it was quite a good game. It's the object of a lot of criticism from a lot of fans, and I guess that...some of it is deserved. A lot of it is just silly, though, as is so often the case with a game in a longstanding series that shakes up the established series formula.

With Final Fantasy XII completed (at least until I go back to complete more of the sidequests), I today started my eighth playthrough of Metroid Prime. Some people replay Final Fantasy VI or Ocarina of Time every year. For me, it's Metroid Prime. Looks like I'm going to have fun with this one...again.

And that's all I've got. Hit me up with some comments.

1 comment:

  1. I love to tell people that my Bro is getting a phd in math. :D

    ReplyDelete